In Search of the Best Business Practices in the World
Let's make global television an index of good businesses...
Let's find the finest business owners in every neighborhood of every country, every state, and in every geography where good people create great products and services. Larger map
Start a research team:
• Select a region of the world -- there are 2000± -- to focus on 3-5 Million people. Let us look at the world in groups of three-to-four million people. It is a manageable grouping and it makes an excellent television market. Each becomes a Primary Market for us.
Summary: Parsing the world's population of over seven billion people.
1. We'll break it down into groups of three-to-five million people.
This is the marketplace for all of us today. We are a global people.
We all have customers. We all have learned a little about their demographics. Now, the key question that naturally follows is, "How do we find people like them throughout the world?" So, increasingly our challenge is to begin to comprehend 6.7 billion people and the 200M to 400M businesses that keep us all alive.
The Research Team: In many ways we are all returning to our 3rd, 4th and 5th grades to re-learn world geography all over again. There will not be a neighborhood within a country that we do have some access to it. Though it all sounds quite formidable, everyday it gets easier. We can walk through the world's neighborhoods on our computers.
We'll start our lists by country. In the largest countries, the goal of this television show is to identify at least 100 excellent businesses for every million people (1:10,000). In the smaller countries, the ratio will get progressively lower -- maybe even 1:1000 -- so every country is represented. More...
There is a discussion about a new series,"The Best Businesses of the World."
There is also a discussion about the "Billionaires' Millionaires," another series concept.
We will be encouraging every chamber to organize global tours for their membership. We have even engaged a travel expert to help.
• The world can be divided into 2000 blocks with 3-to-4 million people in each.
• Estimates range from 200-million to 400-million businesses on this planet.
• Our hope is that there are 20-to-40 million truly good businesses (just 10%).
• Perhaps 2-4 million are quite remarkable businesses and people (just 1%).
• A list of 2000 businesses in 2000 markets is 4M businesses.
• If there were 26 episodes per year in each of the 2000 markets,