How are people selected to be on the show?
When making your recommendations...
Please consider the following factors.
• The spirit of the people Are they positive role models for each other and for our children? Ethics, integrity, and authenticity count.
• Memberships Are they involved with their local Chamber of Commerce, their
• Diversity Do they cultivate diversity within their workforce? Is that part of their vision or mission statements? Are all people associated with the business encouraged to respect the race, religion, and culture of people?
• Social Capital Being generous in you hometown counts. Being a gracious giver is a role model for us all.
• Global strategy Seeing beyond one's own event horizon, envisioning the world, opens a business as a role model for everyone.
• Visually compelling Television is a visual medium. Learning to tell your story with words and images is a hallmark of a eader.
• Continuity Envisioning the business beyond one's lifetime is essential. Here the intangible assets are passed along to the next generation.
• Owners/founders It takes a special courage to start a business. We all need to see and feel that special spark at work.
• Mentors We all need to prepare the next generation. None of us are so smart that we do not need a little help. Mentoring and being mentored are very important.
Between 25-to-27 million small business owners in the USA...
Over the years people often ask us, "How do you select a business to be on the television show?"
We usually answer, "We don't. The community does."
We have profiled hundreds of business owners since our first season in September 1994. Now, we have dreams that others will begin to profile thousands more every year. Everyone has a dream, and we hope to actualize this dream. There is a new business model here for television that constantly looks for the best among us to explore their ideations and motivations!
There are at least 100 people recommended for every one person selected. Nobody has paid and nobody will ever pay to be on this show.
When the owner of that information is ready to post it here, all our viewers and visitors can vote, "Do a show on this business!"