Big Board - little universe begs questions:
- Is there a Cosmological Singularity?
- What is the Planck length?
URLs for related websites
• 81018.org plus .COM and .NET
• BBLU.org for Big Board, Little Universe
• BigBoardLittleUniverse.org plus .COM
• Ideas for other names? Drop us a note.
Known problems with even the current edition
Note: We are slowly working to associate actual photography and current research with each notation. Back in December 2011 the entire board was assembled in less than a week and although some of it has been double-and-tripled checked, not every line has. There are still errors that have been carried over in our current version, 188.8.131.52. Of course, our goal is to make each notation accurate, as well as elegant, colorful and even charming.
There are still a lot of blank lines: Let's fill every line in with as much rich data as possible. Where it is a speculation, we can attribute that entry to the speculator. With each speculation we can provide our rationale and then in a wiki-like manner, all vote so the best speculations remain on top.
Websites and website teasers
We started posting pages on SmallBusinessSchool.org because it was easy to do. On what other sites should this information be available? We chose obvious open severs:
• Blogspot 1 & Blogspot 2 (posted, January 2013)
• Facebook (posted, April 2012)
• Google+ (posted, January 2012)
• LinkedIn (posted, June 2014)
• WordPress (posted 2012 - to -this day)
• Your suggestions?
What use is this Big Board - little universe?
We are not entirely sure, but here is some speculation:
1. It simplifies things - the entire universe in 202.34 notations (others calculate as many as 206 notations). There'll be many more pages to discuss this range and the nature of a notation.
2. Each notation (step or doubling) can be studied to discern relations first within itself, then to the other two notations -- "within" and "going out." Everything is related to everything.
3. It begins to envision every academic study in a necessary relation, one to another. Academic silos are so yesterday!
4. It re-introduces the platonic solids as a structural form for the study of continuity conditions within a complex enfolding of symmetries. Someday we may actually know what that means!
5. It opens symmetry groups to a much wider study in other disciplines beyond material science and theoretical physics.
6. It could open an exploration of imperfect geometry (or quantum geometries) whereby transcendental, imaginary and irrational numbers in some manner of speaking are discerned within the transformations from the perfect to the imperfect.
7. We might discover a form/function that aligns all 201+ notations such that we are able to discern the Planck length as a truly standard measurement unlike the meter or inch-foot--yard. That would be novel; so, of course, there's more to come.
A discussion with students in the Ukraine
On Monday, February 13, 2012, Bruce Camber reviewed these pages with students and faculty at the national university in Kharkov, Ukraine.
Next: (1) A page for each notation (2) lesson plans with open questions (3) comparisons to the base-10 work